Saturday, March 1, 2014

Teeny Tiny Secondhand Treasures: Made in Occupied Japan



Greeting and salutations, vintage enthusiasts.  And welcome to my new series, Teeny Tiny Secondhand Treasures. In this new Let's Go Thrifting addition, I'd like to introduce all of you to my growing collection of smalls. In this debut entry, I'm featuring a teeny tiny rotary phone.  Isn't it charming?



It's also a part of the collectable market of Occupied Japan figurines. Manufactured and exported from Japan between 1945 and 1952, this cheaply but sweetly made figurine found its way to me by way of a high school flea market in Philadelphia. 

Made in Occupied Japan rotary phone figurine,  $1.00

Just look at the size comparison between this antique rotary phone figurine and my faux-vintage rotary reproduction. It's a Teeny Tiny Secondhand Treasure, indeed! 

____________________________________________





7 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jackie, my smallest thrifted find is buttons so I linked them to your Teeny Tiny Secondhand Treasures. Nice to meet you, thank your for following, following back. I love finding little Occupied Japan ornaments.
Joy

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

First visit, hi Jackie, my smallest - teaballs and paperweights. Thanks for Teeny Tiny Secondhand Treasures.
Denise

Anonymous said...

That little phone is great! The smallest thing I've thrifted is probably a Hazel Atlas salt shaker, not that small really. Take care, Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Danavee said...

I just found you via Sir Thrift A Lot! I am hitting FOLLOW!!!!!

Jackie Jardine said...

Hi, Joy! Thanks for the follow. I look forward to seeing more thrifted buttons on your blog!

Hi there, Denise and welcome! I don't see many paperweights at the thrift. But I wouldn't mind adding some to my smalls collection.

Hello, Dawn. Ahh I'll include a salt shaker in the mix. I mean, it's small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, it counts to me! Feel free to join the link-up!

Hi there, Danavee. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Vanessa said...

I'm obsessed with smalls and wanted to do a series on them, too. Great minds think alike! I have a huge collection of them, LOVE your amazing occupied Japan phone.

Jackie Jardine said...

I'm sure we both have a large collection of smalls, ha ha. I'll be making a regular go of it. Feel free to link up again!