Thursday, June 23, 2011

Odds ‘n’ Ends Thursday: A Fair Trade


junk
Looking to do something new with your odds 'n' ends? Howabout a trade?

In sorting through garage sale leftovers and potential thrift donations, I’ve been considering a few options.

  • I can rent a space at a flea market to sell some previously loved junk.
  • I can restock my Etsy shop with a few toys, books, bags and a miscellany of other vintage wares.
  • I can simply bag everything up and donate it to Goodwill.

Sure I’d like to make a few bucks when I can. And Lord knows I’d like everything to be neat and organized. But I would also like to try something different. I’d like to consider the possibility of a trade.

I’ve seen other bloggers attempt a virtual trading post, such as the always innovative professional thrift blogger Selena of Apron Thrift Girl. And I imagine things can get complicated in terms of comparable value of the goods involved.  But I’m willing to give it a whirl.

In the next few weeks I plan to create a separate “page” on Let’s Go Thrifting dedicated to available trades for anyone interested in participating. I will use InLinkz for other bloggers to post and share links to any items they would be interested in trading. I will also extend an invitation for non-bloggers to participate via email. Just send me photos and descriptions and I will post the goods on your behalf!

Rules and further details will be posted in the near future, as well as a preview for some of my own junk ready to be traded.

Interested in the Let’s Go Thrifting Trading Post? Gather your goods for a photo shoot, jot down some details and prepare for a fair trade.


What would you be willing to trade-in?

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Why heck yes, I'd be willing to join a trade. Been using your yard sale tips and maybe others on the web to attempt to get rid of stuff that wouldn't sell in my booth for months....the left overs would be perfect to trade. ;)

If your tired of any of your Japan treasures, I'm after 'em! You have so many beautiful ones.

Jackie Jardine said...

I knew you'd be down with the idea, Van! Well I'm not sure exactly what will be up for grabs yet. I have to sort through some extra goodies, dust them off and take a few pictures. So far I know I have a few purses and bags that would make for a lovely trade. There might be some toys and decor thrown in the mix. I'm not sure about any Japanese items, but I'll let you know!